We have an experienced team of Finnish doctors working in our clinic in Savonlinna and all around Finland.
Helena Puonti, PhD, plastic surgeon, microsurgeon and microneurovascular reconstructive surgeon, breast oncologist
- Surgical treatment of breast cancer
- Microneurovascular reconstructive surgery
- Conserving surgery, followed by a course of radiation and cytostatic therapy
- Reconstructive surgery after the removal of breast tumours, using the patient’s own tissue or implants
- Correction of breast asymmetry by transplantation of adipose tissue
- Treatment of lymphostasis after mastectomy
- Aesthetic plastic surgery
Helena is a leading Finnish plastic surgeon, microsurgeon and breast oncologist. She has conducted more than 500 unique microneurovascular breast reconstruction operations following a mastectomy (removal of the breast). In 2002, she was given the Best Oncologist award by the Finnish Cancer Foundation. In 2010, she was awarded the Medal of Savonlinna in honour of her work in microsurgery.
Anna-Mari Heikkinen, gynaecological surgeon and oncologist
- Surgical oncology and plastic urogynaecology
- Treatment of hormonal imbalances
- Treatment of endometriosis
Anna-Mari is a leading gynaecological surgeon and oncologist in Finland and also Associate Professor and Lecturer, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Kuopio, Finland. She has more than 20 years of experience as an obstetrician and gynaecologist. She has conducted extensive research in the field of gynaecology and written articles that have been published in more than 30 publications.
Esa Männistö, oncologist
- Chemotherapy and radiotherapy in the treatment of breast cancer
- Gastrointestinal tumours
Esa Männistö is one of the leading oncologists in Finland. He was awarded the title of the "Oncologist of the Year" in 2005 by the Finnish Cancer Foundation.
Esa is a well-liked, warm oncologist capable of listening to his patients and giving space to their feelings of sadness, anger and anxiety and joy.
The patients and their loved ones can feel safe with him, knowing that they will always get an honest answer delivered in a caring way.
Marja-Tuulikki Tuunanen, gynaecologist
- General gynaecology
Marja-Tuulikki is the chief of gynaecology with a team of highly qualified doctors in Savonlinna Central Hospital.
She is an experienced gynaecologist with a career of over 30 years, whose patients appreciate her vast experience and the decisiveness of her care manners.
Liisa Häkkinen, gynaecologist
- Fertility treatment, IVF
Nona Heiskanen, gynaecologist
- General gynaecology